Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The last few goodies from the bake shop

This dessert we didn't actually make. Another girl and I just plated it and served it for a small event that took place at the school. They have events held there quite often. The cake thing has ladyfingers on the bottom and I'm not sure what the white part is exactly. The red is piped raspberry sauce and then the chocolate in the back is ganache dolloped on and then a spoon swiped through the middle.

My cherry danish. These were shown on the Fox news video if you saw that.

This I made and plated. It's a Vanilla Bavarian Cream with chocolate cake on the bottom. The sauce is raspberry and the yellow alien egg stuff is passion fruit. My chef told me to add that for color even though there is no passion fruit anywhere in the dessert. A little of that has A LOT of flavor. Mmmmmm

This I also made and plated. It's a raspberry mousse cake which actually has strawberries in it instead of raspberries. The top is a layer of raspberry gelee. The colors in real life are much more vibrant and beautiful than in the picture.

2 comments:

  1. I think I better not get on here anymore. I am gaining weight just looking at this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lacey...oh my goodness I'm drooling!! I'd love to be a fly on the wall during the pastry and bread part of culinary school. Someday, I suppose :). In the mean time I have to be content with surfing lots of delicious looking blogs and hope that some day I'll figure out how to make the fancy stuff. The Bavarian cream looks divine.

    I just noticed the link to here on Em's sidebar, and am quite pleased that I took the time to follow it.

    ReplyDelete