Thursday, February 18, 2010

MMMM Croissants

Homemade croissants taste so much better than store bought. But they also take a lot of time and skill. A skill that pays at least $25 an hour for any of you that are interested. =)
Croissants are a type of laminated dough, as is puff pastry and danish dough. I have now learned that laminated doughs are my nemesis and I will need to practice this a lot to get the skill down. They still tasted awesome though!


I didn't want all the scraps to go to waste so I rolled them into a rectangle, brushed with butter and sprinkled it with cinnamon and sugar then rolled it up like a cinnamon roll. I put it in a loaf pan to proof and once it was ready, I sliced it in half lengthwise, pinched the top ends together and twisted the slices cut side up, pinching the ends together. I did not get a great picture of it but it was a cool way to do the bread.




2 comments:

  1. How did the bread taste? It doesn't look much like croissant bread. It looks more like fluffy white bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does just look like fluffy white bread but the outside was buttery and crunchy like a croissant and the inside tasted like the inside of a croissant. This would make awesome french toast and was good with cream cheese frosting on it.

    ReplyDelete