Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I love Tarts

Pear Almond Tart
This was fairly easy and was pretty good. It's a traditional French flavor. The crust is Pate Sucree, then Frangipane filling which is a mixture of pastry cream and almond cream, poached pears on top (6 halves per 9 inch tart), then brushed with an apricot glaze.


Small Fruit Tart
This is also Pate Sucree crust then filled with pastry cream, topped with fresh fruit, and the same apricot glaze.
The glaze looks a little thick but the chef actually did the glaze on this one as an example and then I did the others. I like it a little less thick.


Since there are so many different components to these, email me if you want the recipes. If several people want them I'll post them.


2 comments:

  1. Yes! I need a recipe for the pear tart! I love pears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. would love a recipe for both actually-looks great!

    ReplyDelete